Saturday, 8 April 2017

Tiny Frogs - Newly Emerged Southern Brown Tree Frogs (Litoria ewingi)

Last September I uploaded a video of Southern Brown Tree Frogs mating at my backyard pond.   By the end of February the tadpoles were fully developed and hundreds of tiny frogs were emerging from the pond. Many of them were sheltering between the rocks and pebbles at the edge of the pond. I took a shot with my finger in the video to show how small they are, Don't be confused  by the size of the little flies as they are only 2 or 3 mm in length. There are some photos at the end, one of which shows a full grown frog with two small ones for comparison.


(Click the play button to watch the video)


Here is the earlier video:

(Click the play button to watch the video)

Thank You!

Since September I've gone from about 12 subscribers on my YouTube channel to over 250. Thank you all very much for your support and encouragement. If you have not yet subscribed please consider doing so, as not all of my videos appear on this blog. If you are logged in with your google account you simply need to use the YouTube/Subscribe button below.



I hope you enjoy the video.





 Click the button below to subscribe to my YouTube Channel




2 comments:

  1. Wonderful video of the little critters ~ great photography ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Happy Day ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I enjoyed seeing the tiny frogs and hearing their cute sound. Wonderful videos! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete