Saturday, 29 April 2017

Black-headed Honeyeaters and Nankeen Night-herons

1.  Black-headed Honeyeater

Black-headed Honeyeaters are only found on the island state of Tasmania, including the Bass strait islands. Although named honeyeaters, their diet includes fruit and insects as well as nectar. Here you can see them bathing in a tree hollow. Other birds were later seen drinking from this same hole.


(Click the play button to watch the video)

2. Nankeen Night-heron

Here we have two adult Nankeen Night Herons  (Nycticorax caledonicus)  as well as an immature bird. They are also know as the Rufous night-heron. They feed mostly at night but they are occasionally active by day.
(Click the play button to watch the video)



Thank You!

Since September I've gone from about 12 subscribers on my YouTube channel to over 250. Thank you all very much for your support and encouragement. If you have not yet subscribed please consider doing so, as not all of my videos appear on this blog. If you are logged in with your google account you simply need to use the YouTube/Subscribe button below.



I hope you enjoy the videos.





 Click the button below to subscribe to my YouTube Channel



12 comments:

  1. Great videos!I especially liked the one of the Honeyeaters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Not one you're like to see up there :-)

      Delete
  2. Hello, both birds are beautiful. I like the cute little Black-headed Honeyeater and the Night herons are awesome.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for watching and thanks for the link up.

      Delete
  3. Lovely videos of 2 sweet birds ~ thanks,

    Have a Happy Weekend ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. ...and you too :-)

      Delete
  4. Nice honeyeater - seems like I will be in Tasmania in January - looking forward to it.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Maybe you'll get to see the Forty Spotted Pardalote. I've been here 11 years and still haven't seen one as I rarely get down south and when I do I'm usually too busy doing other stuff :-)

      Delete
  5. Fantastic videos! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for watching Anu. Glad you enjoyed them.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful videos! I especially like the Honeyeater taking a bath
    Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lea. Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete