Wednesday, 28 December 2016

Tasmanian Wombat and a Dusky Woodswallow

I came across this wombat along the Bluff Hill Road near Arthur River.  The area is part of the Arthur Pieman Conservation Area. The Tasmanian wombat (Vombatus ursinus tasmaniensis) is a subspecies of the Common wombat. Wile mainland wombats can reach up to 1.2 m in length, the Tasmanian wombat averages 85cm.



This rather light coloured Dusky Woodswallow (Artamus cyanopterusseen) was at Rocky Cape National Park. These are summer migrants in Tasmania. They often catch insects on the wing however, sometimes, as in this case, they will find a convenient perch and look for insects on the ground.





Thank You!
Since September I've gone from about 12 subscribers on my YouTube channel to over 150. Thank you all very much for your support and encouragement. If you have not yet subscribed please consider doing so, as not all of my videos appear on this blog. If you are logged in with your google account you simply need to use the YouTube/Subscribe button below.

I hope you enjoy the video.
 Click to subscribe to my YouTube Channel

8 comments:

  1. Excellent videos. Very cute bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Mosura, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comment. I love your videos, plus the choice of music on some is very pleasant and doesn't get in the way of viewing pleasure. I was very happy to subscribe and look forward to viewing more of them. Cheers now :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful videos, dear Mosura! Thank you so much for sharing them. Warm greetings and Happy New Year from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video - I especially enjoyed the one of the woodswallow - possibly because I have some experience of various woodswallows - and none at all of wombats. Thanks for helping me to understand them a little bit better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, they are both great videos. The wombat is a cool critter. I always love the birds, great seeing new birds from around the world. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy weekend! I wish you and your family all the best in 2017 and a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful videos and love the wombat photo ~ thanks ~

    Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. a beautiful and unusual swallow. Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. interesting videos :)
    Happy New Year

    Diana

    ReplyDelete