Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Galah on a Wet and Windy Day


This video was taken from the comfort of a warm dry car while the weather raged outside. There were three Galahs (only one in the video) struggling in the wind while foraging for roots and shoots. Shortly after, they flew further along the coats - or maybe they blew along the coast - I'm not sure :-)


The  Galah is a member of the Cockatoo family, Cacatuidae, and is sometimes known as the Rose-breasted cockatoo. The one in the video is a female.





Note: Not all of my videos will be on this blog so, if you like them, please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel.
 Click to subscribe to my YouTube Channel

7 comments:

  1. My apologies to anyone who tried to comment earlier. For some reason I had commenting turned off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. Thanks for correctly identifying the bird in my picture today. I was unsure in the first place but took an incorrect guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Jim. As for the bird, it an easy mistake to make.

      Delete
  3. Loved this video of the Gahlah. How wonderful to see in their natural habitat. A beautiful bird with lovely coloring. It certainly was a windy day. The surf was a great addition. I love looking out at a stormy sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise inVA. Yes we actually parked their to enjoy lunch by the sea. The Galah was an added bonus.

      Delete
  4. Hello!:) Thank you for your visit's,...I tried to comment on this post earlier, but for some reason, couldn't do so. Anyway I'm here now to see the Beautiful pink Galah which I know as Rose-breasted Cockatoo. I enjoyed watching it foraging for seeds, in it's own environment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 'Breathtaking'. Glad you enjoyed it. Earlier on I mistakenly had commenting turned off. Sorry about that.

      Delete