Thursday, 29 September 2016

Forester Kangaroos (Macropus giganteus tasmaniensis)


A small video showing a mob of Forester Kangaroos  (Macropus giganteus tasmaniensis) at Narawntapu National Park in Tasmania. I counted over 80 kangaroos in the Springlawn area on Monday.

The Forester is the Tasmanian subspecies of the Eastern Grey Kangaroo. (Skippy the bush kangaroo was a female Eastern Grey) Males can weigh over 60kg and when standing upright can be 2m tall. (over 6 feet) This makes them the worlds second largest marsupial after the Red Kangaroo.





Note: Not all of my videos will be on this blog so, if you like them, please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel.
 Click to subscribe to my YouTube Channel

18 comments:

  1. Nice roo! Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Sharon.

      Delete
  2. What a fascinating video! I've never seen anything like it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie Smiley. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. Loved seeing these huge kangaroos hopping away on the video. I think(hope) I ahve subscriv=ced to your YouTube channel and have watched a few vides already. Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret and thanks for the sub. I just subscribed you yours too.

      Delete
  4. They are extraordinary creatures, aren't they? It's so interesting to see them at close quarters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks jabblog. Yes they certainly are. Thanks for watching.

      Delete
  5. Hello, I love to see the kangaroos in the wild. Wonderful video! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Eileen, and thanks for providing the link up!

      Delete
  6. The Kangaroos are excellent images, the video is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob, glad you enjoyed watching it.

      Delete
  7. Very impressive animals. They seemed very wary and appeared to be keeping an eye on your motives in watching them. I guess man has predated them at some time in the past?

    You shot an excellent video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil Slade. Yes they are watching carefully.

      Delete
  8. Great footage - even after being here for 20 years I still get a blast from seeing these animals!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stewart. Same here and I've been here off and on since.... well lets just say since before skippy.

      Delete
  9. Wow the video is just wonderful! The kangaroos are so beautiful and cute animals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mosura, I can´t commento on your Galah post. The comments are not open. But I see the female is struggling in the wind. Nice video.

    ReplyDelete