Wednesday, 7 April 2010

Leven Canyon Floor

Last Friday I paid a visit to Leven Canyon. I've posted pictures before which were taken from the lookout. You can see them here. If you drive about another 1 kilometre down from the lookout turn off, there is a track that takes you down to the bottom of the canyon. It's a relatively short walk. The canyon is much smaller at this point but it's still quite a steep walk for the unfit (me). There is a bridge at the bottom which gives you a great view of the river. I'll have to return the next time we get some heavy rain as it would be quite spectacular in flood.


(Click to enlarge)
#1 - View from the start of the walk


#2


#3


#4


#5 - Looking straight down from the bridge


#6


#7


#8




3 comments:

  1. Hi Allan
    Great shots of a wild canyon there.
    Cheers
    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog. We have similar blogging styles. I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Denis - Glad you like them. It's certainly a beautiful spot.

    Thanks Nature ID - I'll have a closer look at your blog later today.

    ReplyDelete