Friday, 26 March 2010

A Few Birds

This morning was not a good time for photography. We had showers and overcast skies. However, having an SLR in my hands again (Canon 7D) I could not resist taking a short walk and trying it out. I didn't do too well but I did take a few shots as seen below. These were taken with the ISO set at 1250 (plus noise removal) which is quite amazing. The old 300D could never have handled that.


(Click to Enlarge)

Australasian Grebe chick - Tachybaptus novaehollandiae


Chestnut Teal - Anas castanea


Chestnut Teal - Anas castanea




6 comments:

  1. ISO 1250?! That's brilliant!

    Love the grebe chick. Must go looking for them here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went and looked at the specs of your new camera and it sounds wonderful. What lens did you get? The photo of the grebe chick is my favorite too. Looking forward to many more beautiful bird photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Snail - I was impressed. I'll have to try even higher just to see how it goes.

    Thanks mick - Yes it a nice camera. Vastly superior to my old one. I only bought the body and still have my existing lenses. Photos above were taken with the 400mm.

    Wish I could by a new body for myself. The old one is passed it's "Best before" date :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Alan, you must be pleased with the results! I'm presuming this is a new camera? That young grebe photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new hardware, you'll have a lot of fun with it. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jenny - Yes it's a new one and yes I'm quite pleased :-)

    Thanks Duncan - I'm looking forward to doing some macro shots with it.

    ReplyDelete