Sunday, 29 November 2009

Welcome Swallow Feeding it's Young.

.....or Swallow Nearly Swallows Swallow

Yesterday I watched a group of for juvenile swallows perched on a broken branch in the river and waiting to be fed. I tried capturing this on video but the lighting was so harsh that the video camera could not deal with it at all. With the SLR, two stops of exposure compensation at least allowed me to get a few reasonable shots.


(Click Photos to Enlarge)
Payload delivered


Patiently awaiting the next instalment



6 comments:

  1. I love the "frozen wing beat" shot.
    Cute baby too.
    Swallows always charm me.
    I shall try to get some of my own - as I know they are nesting in the village.
    Cheers
    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That first photo is especially good. And definitely a cute baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Parents get their bodies in way in most of my shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day Mosura,
    Lovely work. Just shows - the commonest of birds will often provide some of the best opportunities for observations and photos.
    Gouldiae.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The top shot is a beauty Mosura, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Denis, Mick, Tony, Gouldiae, & Sebastan - I had quite a few rejects even to get that one.

    ReplyDelete