Tuesday, 2 December 2008

Time Away from Blogging.

.....but "I'll Be Back"

I've haven't posted as often lately as I've bee preoccupied with updates to my website on the "Lepidoptera of Tasmania". As I've stated elsewhere it has been in a bit of a mess since I mucked up the database. I'm slowly rebuilding it but it still needs a lot of work. It now has 273 Tasmanian species with photos or illustrations. It also has a check list of 1,472 species known to be found in Tasmania. I still have more photos to add and I have to get the notes written up for each moth as well. By the way, many of the moths on the site are also found on the mainland, particularly in the south-east so hopefully it will be of some use outside of Tassie.

So, I'll be missing for a little while as I need to spend less time on the blog until I get the job up to date. I'll still be checking in on everyone else's blog.




Screen capture of the Home Page



Screen capture of Page 1 of the Geometridae thumbnails.




10 comments:

  1. Hi Mosura
    Congrats on getting the Website back up and running.
    I have just had fun scanning through looking for familiar moths, of which I found many.
    A quality piece of research, with excellent photos.
    I have updated my link to: "Reference Sites: insects and spiders" to include the link to your Thumbnails page.
    Cheers
    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mammoth task - and thanks from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great website.. There certainly is a need for that sort of reference the few books that I have really dont have a lot of variety of moths at all. I have passed on your blog's link to a few friends who work in education. I will be sure to keep an eye on your website now as well..
    Cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, Mosura!
    That's what's been keeping me away from blogging too. I'm rebuilding from scratch my professional site and restricting myself from walks and photography as it is a very fiddly process. :(
    Talk to you soon!
    Nickolay

    ReplyDelete
  5. 15 hours without... are you starting to twitch yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tremendous Mosura, as Mick said thanks from us all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the website work, will miss your posts, but will look forward to when you get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Mosura,

    what a valuable project you are spending your time on! Congratulations.

    Cheers
    Gaye

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work Mosura, another wonderful site to add to my bookmarks folder. I can only admire your skill, knowledge and persistence.
    Regards,
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Denis, Mick, frogpondsrock. Tilchef, Tony, Duncan, Jenny, Gaye, and Gouldiae - for the nice comments. 84 species added since making this post

    ReplyDelete