Saturday, 6 September 2008

Guide Falls (Video and Photos)

...Guide Falls

Yesterday I took some video at Guide Falls, near Ridgley. This is my first attempt at putting my own videos on the Net so I hope it all works well. I originally uploaded to YouTube but I was not at all happy with the quality.

Note the Silver wattles, Acacia dealbata, are in full bloom. Near the beginning of the video you may hear a Superb Fairywren calling. Also, you will see the river cuts though columnar basalt. Huge boulders of collapsed basalt lie in the river bed.

I've also added a couple of older photos for anyone who does not have broadband to at least be able to see the falls.

Guide Falls


Guide Falls


Hope you enjoy the video




8 comments:

  1. Nice pics, brilliant video - and I heard the fairy Wren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first photo - great composition! And a nice video too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that video very much indeed and especially because you have used one of my favorite pieces of music. I have a version arranged for a big classical organ -and - used to play it - and of course that dates me because such organs are so old-fashioned now!
    Also can you tell us what video camera you are using and what software you use to edit the video?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Warren - Glad you liked it.

    Thanks Chai - That photo took some patience waiting for the spray to drift up which is what was making the light shafts.visible

    Thanks Duncan - Glad you thinks so. I'll use a tripod next time..

    Thanks Mick - The music is one of my favourites too. Wish I could play it!

    The camera is a 'Panasonic NV-GS330' and the software is 'Pinnacle Studio plus V.12'

    ReplyDelete
  5. "A Thylacine production" - "Thylacine" meaning tassie tiger?

    Chai

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the video and the music fitted brilliantly. I told a load of my friends to tune in to your blog to watch it! Thanks Alan I hope you do some more......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Chai - Yes a Thylacine is a Tasmanian Tiger -Thylacinus cynocephalus

    Thanks Jenny - and thanks for the advertising :-) I'll have another go soon.

    ReplyDelete