Thursday, 21 August 2008

And Now for Something Completely Different

..... More Birds Photos :-)

Yes, just for a change I thought I'd share some bird photos :-) First may I mention that I saw my first Welcome Swallow for the spring while in Ulverstone today. Unfortunately it was too far off for a photograph. Of course some swallows do overwinter in Tasmania but I for one have not seen one through winter.

I also saw my first 'Tasmanian' Little Corella. (See photo). Little Corellas in Tasmania are introduced from the mainland. This one was all alone and trying hard to blend in with a flock of 50+ Galahs so pehaps it is an even more recent escapee.


(Click for larger versions)


Little Corella - Cacatua sanguinea (Ulverstone)


Black-faced Cormorant - Phalacrocorax fuscescens (Ulverstone)


Scarlet Robin - Petroica boodang (Backyard)


Scarlet Robin - Petroica boodang (Backyard)


New Holland Honeyearter - Phylidonyris novaehollandiae (Backyard)


New Holland Honeyearter - Phylidonyris novaehollandiae (Backyard)


Crescent Honeyeater - Phylidonyris pyrrhopterus (Backyard)


Yellow-throated Honeyeater - Lichenostomus flavicollis (Backyard)




9 comments:

  1. Wish I had your backyard. Nice to see some southern honeyeaters. Choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    I can hear the Honeyeater sing.
    Fantastic photos of the Robins! Seems that you somehow manage to hypnotize the small birds to pose for a photo :)
    And the Crescent guy. I met one yesterday too. The photo I took could be described as 'a blur of a blur' :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots Mosura!
    To think I was giving you photo advice, your pics make mine look total rubbish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos again, specially the Robins, but my favourite today is the Yellow-throated Honeyeater. Nice Pose.....it's like it knows how handsome it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful bird photos again. Don't bother about 'something different' - just post some more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. G'day Mosura,
    You've done it again. Absolute beauties. Nice work. Nice for me to see a YTHoneyeater, thanks.
    Regards,
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks tyto tony - It's not a bad backyard but you know what they say about grass being greener on the other side.

    Thanks tilcheff - 'A blur of a blur' - I like that. Sounds like the photo I took of a swallow yesterday.

    Thanks Warren - I reckon we can all learn something from each other. You wagtail pic yesterday was great. Have you tried using a program like neat image for noise reduction.

    Thanks Jenny - That yellow throated honeyeater took ages before coming into the open.

    Thanks Mich - What more birds - Oh OK then :-)

    Thanks Gouldiae - The honeyeater I'd like to see is Tawny-Crowned Honeyeater.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Jenny, the Yellow-throated Honeyeater is my favourite, the pose gives it just that little bit extra. You're going to have that new lens worn out if you keep this up Mosura! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Duncan - I had some good poses worked out for the others too but they just wouldn't listen to me.

    ReplyDelete